Yard Waste Removal
Yard Waste Removal
Town of Salem Yard Waste and Collection PolicyPublic Works - Transfer Station
- How do I use the Transfer Station?
- What can I bring to the Transfer Station?
- All household trash - you must separate.
- Plastic, Cans, bottles/glass (called co-mingles) Newspaper, Cardboard. This all gets placed in the building.
- C&D (Construction and Demolition Material) - Bulky Waste (Bulky Waste Coupon required).
- Scrap Metal - no coupon needed - white goods (washer/dryers/propane tanks) see attendant and he will direct you to the proper location. Refrigerators need the door removed.
- Brush - less than 4" in diameter are to be placed in the appropriate pile - see attendant.
- Leaves and grass are to be placed in a separate pile - see attendant.
- Waste oil - in the waste oil drum - see attendant.
- Automobile batteries - to be placed in the battery bin - see attendant.
- Ordinance - Refer to the Salem Administrative Municipal Codes - #302
- What is not allowed at the Transfer Station?
- No hazardous materials or commercial waste.
- NO PAINT - NO PAINT THINNER - NO MEDICAL WASTE - NO GASOLINE OR ANY TYPE OF FLAMMABLES - NO ANTIFREEZE - NO CEMENT - CONCRETE - HOT TOP - BRICKS - ROCKS
Town Of Salem Website
2010 CITY OF MANCHESTER
- Maximum 33-gallon barrel with official City of Manchester Yard Waste Sticker attached (barrel must not exceed 75 lbs. fully loaded). Yard Waste Stickers are available FREE of charge at the Highway Department Office on 227 Maple St.
- Biodegradable paper Yard Waste Bag (NO PLASTIC BAGS, Please!)
Curbside Collection Schedule
Approved Containers for Waste
Curbside collection of Yard Waste is provided to all Manchester residents. Yard waste must be placed in approved containers (listed below) or bundled appropriately. Place yard waste curbside no later than 7:00 am on the same day as your trash and recycling. See the reverse side for a detailed calendar outlining the alternating collection schedule.
Residential Yard Waste
October 25 through December 3
CHRISTMAS TREE PICK-UP
the 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month 7:00 am to 11:30 am
- Check that your container meets the guidelines set forth above--either a maximum 33-gallon container with a free official Yard Waste sticker (available at Hwy Dept), or a biodegradable Yard Waste bag.
- In addition to curbside collection, the Dunbarton Road Recycling Facility is a convenient location to drop off your Yard Waste & Recyclables.
- Open Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm
Call (603) 624-6504 for more information.
- Be sure that it is both your day and week and that your material was curbside prior to 7:00 am.
- Be sure brush meets the following guidelines: bundles are tied with twine and are manageable; branches are less than 3 inches in diameter; and brush bundles do not exceed 3 ft x 2 ft wide.
If you can answer YES to all of the above, please feel free to contact us at (603) 413-6799 before the end of the next business day.
If you have been missed by the collection crew, please verify the following BEFORE calling our office:
Make certain the container does not exceed 75 pounds.
Call Manchester's Recycling Hotline
City of Manchester Website